NYC & Company, the official destination marketing organization for New York, revealed its forecast for tourism for New York in 2016 during the ITB Berlin Travel Trade Show. The company predicts that 59.7 million tourists will visit New York in 2016. If the prediction is correct, this will mark the 7th year in a row that New York will have a record-breaking number of tourists. New York has a number of planned developments opening in 2016:
- The Renaissance New York Midtown Hotel (April 2016)
- The William Vale (May 2016)
- InterContinental New York Barclay (Spring 2016)
- The Beekman (Spring 2016)
- Four Seasons New York Downtown (Mid 2016)
- 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge (Late 2016)
NYC & Company’s forecast predicts that there will be 47 million domestic travelers to New York and 12.7 million international guests to the Big Apple, a total of 59.7 million visitors by the end of 2016.
In 2015, the organization predicted that 58.3 million visitors to New York by the end of that year, 46 million domestic and 12.3 million international travelers, which broke the record at the time.
Latest posts by Claudine Williams (see all)
- The Bachelor 2017 Finale in Finland: Who Did Nick Viall Choose? - March 22, 2017
- RHOA: The Porsha and Kandi Beef Continues - March 4, 2017
- The Bachelor 2017 Week 9 Fantasy Suite Dates in Finland - March 3, 2017