The Amazing Race will return on Sept. 26 with 11 teams. The race will kick off from Times Square, according to a CBS press release, and the show will air on Fridays at 8 p.m. Eastern Time/ 9 p.m. Central Time. The Amazing Race is a race around the world. The racers all have some sort of a relationship, usually, they are friends, family members, married, or a couple. The object of the game is to make it to the finish line first. They are given challenges (and clues) along the way and the slowest racers are eliminated throughout the season. Some weeks racers luck-out and no one is eliminated, but no one knows which legs (parts) of the race are non-elimination legs.
The team members for Season 25 of the Amazing Race are:
- Bethany and Adam Dirks. This married couple hail from Princeville, Hawaii
- Misti and Jim Raman, a married couple, who happen to be dentists, from South Carolina
- Kym Perfetto and Alli Forsythe, biker friends from Brooklyn, New York
- Amy DeJong and Maya Warren, scientists from Wisconsin
- Lisa Thomson and Michelle Thomson, sisters from Miami, Florida
- Michael Ward and Scott Strazzullo, figherfighter friends from Boston
- Brooke Adams and Robbie Strauss professional wrestlers, who are also a couple. Brooke is from Houston, Texas, and Robbie is from New Jersey
- Tim Tsao and Te Jay McGrath friends, from California
- Isabelle Du and Dennis Hour. Isabelle is a mode from California, and Dennis is an accountant, also from California
- Keith Tollefson and Whitney Duncan, an engaged couple from Nashville
- Shelley and Nici Porter, a mother and daughter from Detroit, Michigan
Watch the video below of the cast of Season 25 of the Amazing Race.
The Amazing Race always features some of the most interesting places around the world. The show has been filmed in 84 countries, with China being the most visited. The contestants have raced in China 12 times over the years. The winners of the previous season, season 24 of the Amazing Race was father and son team, Connor and Dave O’Leary. That season ended on May 18, 2014. Dave and Connor were the first father and son team to ever win the race.