Select Croatia, an online travel company has a new tour to see some of the destinations from the popular Game of Thrones television show. The Dalmatian hot-spots tours will show travelers the film locations in Dubrovnik where the Game of Thrones TV series was filmed. Dubrovnik looks like the imaginary city called King’s Landing, because Dubrovnik was not changed suit the TV series.
Dubrovnik was a part of the Game of Thrones TV series for its fifth season, and film crews, actors and actresses were seen in Dubrovnik in October 2015, so it’s likely that the city will appear in at least one future episode of the show.
Split is another filming site for the Game of Thrones TV series, included in Select Croatia tours. Split is a city that thrives with tourists and local people alike. The city has its basic tourist lures, white sandy beaches and impressive landscapes. The Diocletian Palace was also the shooting location in seasons four and five of the show. The Palace was built around 295 A.D. According to the Croatian National Tourism Board, Emperor Diocletian moved and lived there after he retired in the year 305.
Select Croatia recommends a visit to The Cathedral of St. Jacob and Sibenik, because they were the sites for the world bank in the Game of Thrones TV series.
There are few tours that were developed to see the filming locations. They include:
- A city tour of the film locations, called the Beauty of Dubrovnik.
- See Meereen and Braavos from the series in the Discover Dalmatia’s UNESCO Heritage: Split, Salona and Trogir
- The Iron Bank and several other places from the outdoor filming locations are visited in the Wines of Dalmatia and Krka Waterfalls tour.
Latest posts by Claudine Williams (see all)
- Photos of Ronnie DeVoe’s 50th Birthday at Revel - November 26, 2017
- The Baller Wives in Miami Post on Social Media About Hurricane Irma - September 13, 2017
- The Basketball Wives LA Visit the Big Apple - July 22, 2017